It was on the last 6th April that the Irish Ecological Association (IEA) officially joined the EEF community.
The Irish Ecological Association (IEA) was formed in 2015, it is a learned society for the discipline of ecology across Ireland and is a partner organization of the British Ecological Society (BES) (who have been extremely supportive of the IEA development). The IEA has an all-Ireland geographical remit with members in both the Republic of Ireland (RoI) and Northern Ireland (NI). The IEA membership primarily comprises academic and professional ecologists and students working in higher education and research institutions, although Non-Governmental Organizations, interested members of the public and ecological consultancies are also represented in its membership.
Across the island of Ireland, the IEA aims to:
1. Provide a platform for discussion and transfer of information amongst members on all aspects of ecological science;
2. Promote and facilitate engagement between ecologists and policymakers;
3. Brief ecologists on public policy relevant to ecology;
4. Highlight relevant policy engagement opportunities for ecologists;
5. Advocate use of robust ecological evidence in ecological policy while remaining neutral in its political compass.
Find more info about Irish Ecological Association: here. Welcome IEA!