The European Ecological Federation enables cooperation between European ecological societies in order to promote the science of ecology in Europe. It does this through:
- providing a forum for effective communication throughout the community of ecological scientists in Europe on matters of common interest.
- disseminating ecological knowledge through meetings, publications and other means.
- acting in an advisory, consultative and representative capacity in relation to European institutions.
- promoting collaborative activity on those matters where there is a pan-European context.
- cooperating with other international organisations.
For a summary of our objectives please read the EEF statutes [pdf document]